Saturday, April 13, 2013

My Mother and I Together

Life, is hard when you're being abused. But it's even harder when your mom is an alcoholic. It's hard to really understand life, when your mom looks so confused in your eyes. I tried a few time to tell her, but I didn't have the confidence, and the assuarance that things would be okay.

The day I told her, wasn't a bad day. A week later, that's when it was the start for the worse. She cried, and cried. I noticed that she started to drink more and more everyday. Soon, it looked like the alcohol and the beer was her "water". That was hard. To see my mom drinking. She was the person I needed the most, and I felt like I couldn't have all of her.

Now my mother is a year and half sober, and she is the best mother any girl could ask for! She's open minded, she's loving, and actually cares, and tries to understand what is going on in my life... I love her, and she doesn't understand that she is my absolute best friend, because she gets more details in stories then my actual friends.

I am thankful for my mom being an alcholic. Crazy, right? Yeah I know. But she met someone who help changed our lives. He helped us find God, and get on the right path with our lives. She is so happy and when he comes home from work she has this sparkle in her eye, and I know that everything will be alright.

My mom and I have prosperred from this experience, together. She is sober, and I am stronger. There is so much in life that we have recently got to experience together. She knows about my first real crush. She knows my feelings and she knows my mood just by looking at me. Two years ago I would have never imagined my life like this with her.

We went through this situation together, and because it happen to her kids, I think it brought a lot of old memories back to her. But we know how to handle them now, and we know that we can only get stronger from this. Everyday we are growing and I thank God, for giving me this obstical. He knew that advocating, and educating others was a purpose in my life and now I am achieving that goal!

So today I thank my abuser, I thank my mom, my family, and I thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment